STEP 1: Requesting CEU Approval
The following is required no later than 45 DAYS BEFORE the workshop takes place.
Send to: SCRID CMP Chair. Late paperwork will not be processed.
- Continuing Education Activity Plan - Sponsor Form
- Continuing Education Activity Plan - Instructor’s Form
Educational Objectives: Must be measurable. Possible "measurable" words to use are:
Evaluation & Assessment: Describe how you will know you succeeded in teaching your Educational Objectives?
- Instructor Resume/Bio/Vitae
- Agenda & Handouts for the workshop (Sample Agenda)
- Breakdown of time and topics
- Include break times because this affects how many CEUs are awarded.
Step 2: Upon Approval of CEUs
Promotional Materials for the workshop must be submitted and approved. Promotional materials MUST include the following:
- Event info: title, address, contact person, etc.
- Start date/end date
- Start time
- RID CMP and/or ACET logos (depending on which credit/s you will offer)
- SCRID Logo
- Information on educational objectives of activity
- Refund and cancellation policy. It is acceptable to print contact info to learn of these policies rather than the entire policy.
- Target audience as described in the Sponsor Form
- Solicitation request for reasonable accommodations
The following paragraph: "SCRID is an Approved RID CMP Sponsor for Continuing Education Activities. This (Professional Studies OR General Studies) program is offered for (insert # of CEUs) CEUs. Participants need (pick one: Little/none, Some, Extensive, Teaching) prior knowledge of this topic." SCRID CMP Sponsors will determine number of CEUS to be awarded.
Step 3: Payment for workshop Sponsorship
· Membership is verified by the Membership Committee
· Make checks payable to SCRID and mail to the address listed below or pay online at www.scrid.org. This payment is non-refundable.
$25.00 for SCRID member
$50.00 for nonSCRID member
Offline checks also accepted, please click Buy Now for instructions
Step 4: Creating the Certificate of Attendance
A Blank Certificate of Attendance created by you must include: (Sample Certificate)
a) RID CMP and/or ACET logos (provided by sponsor)
b) Activity Number (provided by sponsor)
c) Full title of event
d) Date of activity
e) Beginning and Ending Time
f) Number of CEUs awarded (determined by sponsor)
g) Presenter Name(s)
h) "RID Approved Sponsor: Southern California Registry of the Deaf"
Step 5: Post Workshop
The following is required no later than 30 DAYS AFTER the workshop is completed.
· Activity Report Form filled out by RID members and signed by presenter(s).
a) Participants should fill this out at the END of the workshop to verify attendance.
b) CEUs will only be given to participants whose correct membership number appears on the form. [November 2005 RID VIEWS, page 28]
c) If there are multiple presenters and each presenter wants CEUs for presenting the workshop, then each presenter must sign an Activity Report form.
d) Mail the ORIGINAL Activity Report Form to the address listed below.
Step 6: Submit Program Evaluation Summaries
- A blank copy of the evaluation form used at the conclusion of the workshop must also be mailed or emailed to
- RID forms and procedures are subject to change without notice. Along with this, SCRID’s procedures will change to reflect RID requirements. Please contact the RID Approving Sponsor to verify how these changes will affect you and your organization and to obtain the new forms and/or new procedures.
Note: SCRID is audited by RID to determine if RID’s procedures/guidelines are adhered to for approving workshops/events. Failure to pass the audit would result in SCRID losing sponsorship. We ask you keep this in mind as we work together to gather information for sponsorship.
IMPORTANT: Keep copies of everything you mail to SCRID.
Send payment (payable to SCRID) and paperwork to the following address:
SCRID CMP Chairs
3807 W Sierra Hwy #6-4535
Acton, CA 93510
For any questions or comments, contact: SCRID CMP Chairs