Earn Independent Study CEUs
Prior to the Independent Study
1. Decide on the activity for which you want to earn CEUs. Keep in mind that the Independent Study (IS) will require you to answer questions such as What and Why you want to do the activity? What are your specific goals? How will you accomplish these goals? How will you show what you have learned? How much time will the activity involve? Click here for Bloom’s Taxonomy a list of measurable verbs. These types are verbs are needed when explaining what are your specific goals.
2. Complete, sign and return the Independent Study Plan (ISP) form by email or mail. Type in your name, using a different font on the signature line, to represent your official signature. Send in the WORD doc and not a PDF. We will discuss your ideas and number of CEUs to be earned. A maximum of 2.0 CEUs can be awarded for each Independent Study. Independent Study CEUs are not calculated on 1:1 ratio, 1 contact hour ≠ 0.1 CEU. The time involved are more in line with 2 or 3 contact hours = 0.1 CEU. The CEUs earned on the project will be determined by the CMP Sponsor.
3. Payment: If you are a SCRID or RID Region V Affiliate Chapter member, the cost of each Independent Study is $25.00**, upon membership verification. (Affiliate Chapter members should contact the CMP for processing payment.) If you are not a member, the cost is $50.00** per Independent Study. Make checks payable to SCRID or pay online by credit card. Scroll down for address. ** This payment is non-refundable. **
Submit only PC compatible documents.
During the Independent Study
4. AFTER your Independent Study has been approved, you may begin your work. Your project must be completed within twelve months from the date of approval.
5. When you are actually doing the activity, you must LOG (dates/times) and JOURNAL (describe what you did). The LOG documents your time and assists in determining the number of CEUs you have earned. The JOURNAL documents your efforts and will show what you accomplished during each session. If you use any handouts, include copies of them when you submit your supporting Independent Study documentation.
Upon completion of the Independent Study
If you have any questions, or for Affiliate Chapter members, please contact the CMP Chair.