Earn Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities (PINRA) CEUs
At least seven (7) days prior to the activity for SCRID members:
1. Choose the activity you want to attend. As long as the activity is educationally beneficial to you as an interpreter, it can earn CEUs. The activity does not have to pertain strictly to interpreting. It can be a workshop, seminar, regional or national conference of another profession or a formal in-service training by an employer. If in-service training is mandatory for your job, the training cannot be used to acquire CEUs. You cannot earn CEUs if you are working the activity, e.g., interpreting.
2. Complete the online form: Participant Initiated Non-RID Activities form (PINRA).
3. Email email@example.com and attach pertinent documentation from activity, such as, but not limited to:
Once this information has been received, you will be advised of the Content Area (Professional Studies or General Studies) and the number of CEUs to be earned.
The PINRA form and supporting documentation must be received PRIOR to the start of the activity or CEUs will not be awarded. Submit only PC compatible documentation.
3. Payment: If you are a SCRID or RID Region V Affiliate Chapter member, the cost of each activity is $25.00**, upon membership verification. If you are not a member, the cost is $50.00 ** per activity. **This payment is non-refundable.**
(Affiliate Chapter members should contact the CMP for processing payment.)
Payment must be received before CEU’s can be awarded.
Click the item below to purchase PINRA CEU processing. You will be provided the link to a google form through which to upload relevant information and documentation.
4. Attain a certificate of attendance or documentation such as an agenda or program book (of each event) signed by the presenter or organizer as proof of your attendance. Your certificate may be made by you (sample certificate). Please make sure the following are on it:
1) Your name
Or you may use one of these proof of attendance forms to assist you (these are not PINRA forms) which are to be signed upon completion and sent in to the CMP to be awarded your CEUs:
(a) If attending a workshop, please download and print:
(b) If attending a conference with multiple workshops, please download and print:
(c) If attending a class with multiple sessions, please download and print:
Submit (only PC compatible documentation) a copy of the above documentation to your Sponsor within 30 days of the completion of activity. The Sponsor will then send your completed paperwork to the RID National Office.
SCRID is audited by RID to determine if RID’s procedures/guidelines are adhered to for approving workshops/events. Failure to pass the audit would result in SCRID losing sponsorship. We ask you keep this in mind as we work together to gather information for sponsorship.
PINRA form and documents may be submitted by email at firstname.lastname@example.org
* Make copies of everything you send for your records.